Thursday, August 19, 2010

Color Lab Challenge 6

It’s Thursday and time for another challenge from the Color Lab. This week we’ve got some really fabby colors to work with.


I am a huge fan of Old Olive, so any day I can use it is a good day. And this time I get to pair it with the retired color Almost Amethyst. (A unusual color combo for me, but I’m game)! Of course, our inspiration picture shows off the colors of this challenge beautifully and I almost decided to go with a floral them so that I could combine pretty colored flowers with certainly celery stems. But when I decided to use this Verve sketch, the card lead me in a different direction altogether.

It’s funny how you spend some time thinking about how you want your card to look, you get busy putting it together, then all of a sudden the card pipes up and says “hey, I think this would look better.” I think in this case I was right to listen. I like the clean and simple look of this one.

Thanks for visiting today and don’t forget to pop on over to the Color Lab and create something! We’d love to see what you do.

No comments: