Sunday, March 27, 2011

Paper Players 40 and Color Dare 99

This is the second card I made for the Color Dare challenge.  The first has been relegated to the "what was I thinking?" pile!  The colors for the challenge are Basic Gray (which I love), Cherry Cobbler (which is the best red on the planet) and Marina Mist (which I am coming to realize is a really fabulous blue).  In my mind, I envisioned a really cool card to showcase the blending of these colors.  It seemed like a pretty unusual combo, but I had to give a try.  I just had to!

As I mentioned, the first card was horrible, but I didn't want to give up so I turned to the Paper Players sketch challenge for a little inspiration.

All you need is a great sketch, some time to think about what you are trying to achieve, some inspiration and voila!  A card (that you actually like) emerges.

One of the design team member's card for the Color Dare used three buttons in a row, so I decided to do that on my card where the sketch challenge graphic showed a sentiment.  I put the sentiment on the square panel and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

8 comments:

None None said...

Great card - the color combo really works and love the buttons you used in place of the sentiment!

Kim O'Connell said...

Looooooove the buttons! Love that layout, too! I hadn't heard of the Paper Players. I just love a good sketch challenge! Must play! Oh, and you should DEFINTELY check out Absolutely Everything on your way to NH! Look around.....you might spot me! :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Hi Jen! This is simply clean and stunning! Great color combo and the buttons are a fantastic touch! Love your style! :)

jaydee said...

Jen.... ah... so you have a "what was I thinking pile, too!" - mine seems to have been growing recently!
However, that aside, I love what you came up with. The colors are fabulous and it was such a pleasant surprise to see the Basic Gray make an appearance again. The three buttons are a fabulous addition! Love it!
So glad you joined the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, Jen! Clean and classy! The three buttons are the perfect accent. Fabulous color combination! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

SWEET card--love the colors and the image, plus your coloring and embellishments add just the right touch! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week!

Lesley said...

Hi Jen,
Another fabulous creation! I love the white space and those buttons! Great to see you at the Paper Players this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Nance Leedy said...

So glad you could play along with our sketch Jen! I love your clean and elegant card. I'm basic gray fan so I love all of it here and that cute row of buttons is divine!