Saturday, April 9, 2011

FTL135 and a New Friday Mashup Challenge

I feel like I'm behind on my projects.  Last night I opted to go see my nephew compete in the "Mr. Easton" contest.  It was a  tongue-in-cheek spoof of "pageants."  For his formal wear he wore a kilt, and for his "talent" he did his own spoof of a Saturday Night Live skit where he pretended to play the saxophone...badly.  It was great fun, and he ended up coming in third place!  The weather here today was too fine to spend cooped up in the house, so it wasn't until evening before I set foot in my stamp room!

The Friday Mashup challenge has moved to a new site, so I thought I'd participate in their inaugural challenge to use butterflies with dimension.

A little help from the FTL sketch challenge and I was off!

The Cottage Wall designer paper I used actually has butterflies already on it, but as luck would have it the scrap I used didn't have any showing.  But that's okay because I cut two from the Sizzix Beautiful Butterflies die.  I embossed the Old Olive one with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder and stamped the Rich Razzleberry one with the Fine Flourish stamp.  I finished them off with a tiny row of pearls.  Once I finished it, I thought it would make a perfect mother's day card, so I embossed that sentiment with white embossing powder.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

12 comments:

Jean McKenzie said...

Jen your card is beautiful! Love the sketch you used and such pretty colours! I love that particular sheet of DSP too!

Tina~in_ut said...

This is so pretty~ ALL your cards are gorgeous~

Tina~

hollybeary creations said...

WOW you've out done yourself again Jen.. I love it! I have to play along with that sketch too.. The colors really pop.. Beautiful Butterfly. Thanks so much for joining The new Friday Mashup on our first challenge..

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

So simple, yet so BEAUTIFUL...I love it!! Thanks so much for playing with us at The Friday Mashup.

Allison said...

This is beautiful! Love the pearls and white sentiment!

Lesley said...

Fabulous Jen! Love the colours and such a cool layout! I need that butterfly die! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a fab card! Love the curve and that Cottage Garden DP. It amuses me that although we live a very long distance apart, we always seem to have matching weather!

Kim O'Connell said...

Very pretty, Jen! I love that cottage wall DSP! Nice combo of challenges!

Kim P said...

Wonderful! That Cottage Wall dsp is perfect with this sketch...and I love your use of the ribbon

Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Lisa said...

Gorgeous!! I love the colors and the butterflies are fantastic. Terrific job, and thanks for playing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Jenny said...

Beautiful card, those colours are great together.
Jenny X

Seongsook Duncan said...

Beautiful card! I love the color combination. Thanks for the inspiration.