Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sketchbook Saturday 9

Today I went to the bridal shower for my cousin's fiancee.  Tomorrow I will go to their wedding and though I made a card for the occasion many weeks ago, I didn't really like it.  So when I got home from the shower, I was determined to sequester myself in my stamp room until I made something that I liked.

I checked out a bunch of sketches and then I realized that the Sketchbook Saturday challenge just might fit the bill!

I took a bit of liberty with the sketch so that in my card the main image layer is not as wide as the layer in the sketch.  (I hope this doesn't disaqualify me).


I had this very cute stamp of a bride and groom so I really wanted to use it for my card.  I embossed the bride and groom as well as the sentiment in copper embossing powder since that seemed to match the colors the bride and groom had chosen.  I'm actually basing the colors of my card on the colors of the wedding invitation that I got.  It was mostly blue and a deep shimmery brown and I had some cardstock that seemed to be pretty close to the colors of the invitation.  I thought it would be a good idea to make a card that coordinated with that.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

2 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

It's made a very classy card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Super sweet and very classy design! I really like the simplicity. Thank you for taking on my sketch!