Saturday, July 2, 2011

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge 210 and ColourQ 91

Every week I check out the color challenge at the ColourQ and every week I want to give the challenge a try.  Sometimes finding the time to participate in the challenge is difficult, but I love to when I can.  Today, I carved out some time to get inky with their latest challenge.

So, as I usually do, I find one challenge (either color or sketch) then I begin the search for another challenge to go with it.  This time I thought the Stamping 411 sketch challenge would be a good fit for what I had in mind.
I have to confess that even though I thought that this sketch would be "a good fit for what I had in mind" I had no idea what I had in mind!  Sometimes (actually a lot of times) when I pair a color challenge with a sketch challenge I make the decision purely on how well the number of layers of the sketch compare to the number of colors in the color challenge.  So when I decide that this color challenge will go well with that sketch challenge, I'm really guessing and ultimately taking a huge leap of faith!

Fortunately, this method seems to work out for me (although I've made some really horrible cards in my day), but this card is one that I'm actually pleased with.

The extremely talented Vicky has been using one of my all-time favorite stamps sets quite a bit lately (French Foliage), so I was reminded that I missed making cards with it and it was probably lonely just hanging around in my stamp room with nothing to do.  Of course, I put it to work on my card here and it's good to see it again!  Now, if you're thinking that the Night of Navy button seems a little out of place you're right! This was one of those instances where I had put my card together then checked the color challenge out again to make sure I had it right.  Lo and behold I had forgotten the Night of Navy!  So I added the button at the last minute, but I have to say that I think it looks pretty good.  It kind of messes up the sketch challenge, but not so badly (I hope) that I will be sent to the sketch challenge dungeon!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy July 4th to all my American visitors!

10 comments:

Sylvia said...

Another beautiful card, Jen! thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week. Those leaves make me wish for fall!

Anita Scroggins said...

Love the card, and I am so glad that your stamps are not lonely anymore now that you have got them out to to play with them! Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ this week!

Marlena M. said...

I love that you chose leaves for these colors. Very unique and perfect for that layout! ;)

savvy teaching tips said...

Fabulous work - thanks for joining us at Colour Q this week!
Sandra

kasia c. said...

Gorgeous take on this weeks colours. I love those leaves. :)
Thanks for playing along with us at ColourQ.

Jen Timko said...

Love the colors on this!! Just so you know, this stamp was in my first new catty order. I blame you! ;-) Another fantastic creation!

Vicky Hayes said...

You were the one who set me off on French Foliage Jen! You always make gorgeous cards with it!

LeAnne said...

Yes, Vicky has been making some awesome creations with French Foliage and I must say, this is an awesome one too!

Erna Logtenberg said...

Your card is gorgeous!! The button is just a fine touch!!

Selene Kempton said...

I'm a big fan and have a really hard time believing that you could make a horrible card! Another stunning card creation! I'm digging this one!