Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches 7

It's Wednesday so I hope you'll join the Freshly Made Sketches crew and take a look at the fantastic sketch we've got for you this week.

For me, there's nothing like a clean sketch as a great jumping off point for a project.  Of course, at Freshly Made Sketches we like clean cards, but not necessarily clean and simple, so you can add embellishments to your card to suit your taste.  This week, I decided to do another Christmas card in my never-ending quest to find one that I really like this holiday season!


I have a confession to make.  A while back I said that my stash of holiday designer paper had grown to such massive proportions that I wasn't going to buy any new ones this year and instead concentrate on using up what I had.  So far so good, but I did have a moment of weakness and bought the red and silver glimmer paper.  I couldn't resist it and I'm not ashamed to say that this stuff is completely awesome!  It has just the right amount of shimmery goodness and I don't regret caving at all!  You can see that I used it here for my scallop circle.

My card base is a bit of textured Soft Sky cardstock that I found in my stash.  I followed that up with some designer paper in Always Artichoke from the retired Wintergreen paper pack.  The image is from the new Snow Much Fun stamp set.  I don't usually go for that kind of stamp set, but these guys are so cute and I saw lots of cards made with them that really got my creative juices flowing that I decided to buy it.  I colored it with my blender pens and markers.  I finished it off with an Always Artichoke button and a couple of flowers punched from the retired Trio Flower punch with an added pearl in the center.

Now for loads of inspiration you should definitely pay a visit to our wonderful design team, which this week includes Sandra Azzopardi as our featured designer.  Then make sure you go back to Freshly Made Sketches and use the linky tool to show us what you've made!

Lesley Croghan
Linda Callahan
Cindy Hall
Tui Nathan
Jennifer Timko
Rita Wright

12 comments:

Sandra Azzopardi said...

That snowman is so cute, Jen! This is such a fun Christmas card. The touch of bling from the glimmer paper and pearls finish it off beautifully.

Linda Callahan said...

I love how you are using up your stash! I really need to do that! And because I haven't seen those patterns and colors in a while it all looks fresh and new! I love the glitter paper as well - your snowman looks so cute in his frame!

Lesley said...

Lub that textured Soft Sky paper...the glimmer paper IS so nice isn't it! Love the sweet snowman in the circle...Such a great card Jen!

Samantha said...

Great card! love the snowman, the button and those cute little flowers.

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so cute, that is such a great image. I need to use my stash of Christmas DP as well. I unfortunately can’t seem to resist new seasonal supplies.

Jen Timko said...

I love the combination of the new stamp with the paper stash!! They do look so current and wonderful! Your coloring is awesome, as always!

The Elephant Nest said...

I am loving those tiny flowers you added and the button is sooo cute!! Very inspiring.

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a cute card Jen! That snowman is adorable and I love the shimmery scalloped layer! Thanks for the inspiration!

Tui Nathan said...

This is just gorgeous Jen ... that glitter paper is simply divine and works so perfectly with the snowman image ... love it!!!

None None said...

This is super cute, Jen! Love that textured Soft Sky paper and the retired DSP. Love reaching into retired troves and finding gems like that! The snowman is just adorable too!

Becky said...

That snowman is adorable! Love that big button too!

Julie A. said...

What an adorable card! Love it!