Sunday, October 30, 2011

FTL164 and CCMC173

Just a quick post today to show you a card I made for the sketch challenge at Clean & Simple combined with the color challenge at Create with Connie and Mary.


For some reason I almost never remember to use Island Indigo even though I really love its deep and rich color.  And these challenge colors look great together.


I used a square scallop nestie to cut the Island Indigo square then layered some Baja Breeze and a small scrap of designer paper from Urban Garden on it.  The sentiment is stamped inside a Framed With Love stamp.  The sentiment itself and the big bold flower is from a Verve set called Great Friend.

Thanks for popping by.  I'm off to Borderland State Park to be a judge in our Canine Howl-o-Ween Costume Parade.  We got some snow last night (ugh!) so I hope it's not too muddy over there.  I only got about an inch of snow, but just an hour or two west of here got almost two feet!  I hope this doesn't set the stage for another bad winter!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Great use of the sketch and CC. Way to flash some Verve too :) Two feet of snow in October - yikee!!

Kim O'Connell said...

Very pretty! I love the simplicity of that sketch and you've done it proud!

Carrie Gaskin said...

Stunning in it's simple design. I adore this card. Thanks for playing at CCMC this week.

Vicky Hayes said...

The sketch is beautiful and you always make fantastic CAS cards Jen!