Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dynamic Duos 6 and CAS-ual Fridays 56

I thought I'd get a quick post in this morning before I head out to mow the dreaded lawn.  I'm not looking forward to it as it rained the better part of last week and now the grass is almost up to my kneecaps!  

I actually made this card yesterday incorporating the polka dot challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and the color challenge from Dynamic Duos.  I was going to scrap it and try something else, but when I looked at it again this morning it didn't seem so bad so here it is:




I don't think my dots do this lovely color challenge justice and if I find time this week I may try something else.  I've got some lovely Basic Gray DSP that is calling my name so maybe I'll get to use it.  The layout I've used is fairly simple and is from an FTL sketch from March.  It's actually the layout I thought of first when I saw the polka-dotted challenge.

The dots are just a 3/4-inch Basic Gray circle layered with a 1/2-inch Regal Rose circle.  The sentiment is from It's Your Birthday.

Thanks for stopping by today!

12 comments:

Ardyth said...

I am in love with this - great colours, but my fave part is the graphic-ness of the design - is it a necklace? a banner? LOVE!

Allisa said...

Cute card, love the CAS styling. Hope you were able to get the lawn mowed. I had to do yardwork this morning....I knew if I started stamping first, it would never get done!

Stef Perry said...

It's a fabulous use of this color challenge (IMHO). Very sophisticated in its simplicity. TFS!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh wow grass to your kneecaps...good luck with that! Really a sweet card Jen, love your polka dots. Thanks for playing along with us at Dynamic Duos!

Susan Joyce said...

Such an innovative design. Lovely! Thanks' for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week.

Anni said...

I think you created a stunning card! Love the clean and simple style!
Thanks so much for playing with us at Dynamic Duos!
Anni

Jenny said...

Fantastic card..... I straightaway see a string of big bold beads!!! Love the colours actually :0)
Thanks for joining in the fun at CASual Fridays this week :0)
Jenny x

Jen Timko said...

My lawn has been the same way. Hard to fit in the mowings. I have to say that I just love this card. Said wow out loud when it came to my inbox. Pinned for another day!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very pretty, Jen! Crisp, clean and the perfect punch of color. Hope the mowing went well...never a favorite chore in this house, especially in the Texas heat. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos this week! :)

Virginia L. said...

Very CAS and lovely, Jen! Love the color combo and effective design! So glad that you join the fun with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Anonymous said...

Perfect CAS card with a stunning color combo, love it :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Friday!

Suzanne said...

Perfectly CAS, Jen! Love the out of the box thinking on this...Thank you for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays this week!! Have a great weekend! Suzanne