Tuesday, July 31, 2012

colourQ 148

Hello and welcome to what I like to call colourQ Tuesday!  Once again (and no surprise) Arielle has found a delightful color combo and an equally delightful image graphic to get your mojo-licious juices flowing.

For my card I inked up a new stamp set called Pleasant Poppies, which is absolutely perfect for this color challenge.  I think poppies are their most striking when they are that orangey-red color!  Here's my take:



Inspired by this pattern I tried making a card with some colorful hexagons but what I designed looked pretty awful so I scrapped it and went with the poppies instead.  My interesting layout is courtesy of the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge.


Be sure to check out the inspiration from the colourQ design team because every card you'll see is a complete knockout!  Then I hope you play along with us!

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Jen, great card...poppies are my very favorite flower and the color combo is perfect for those little gems...love all your layering and details!

Mikki said...

Jen, I love this card as I do all of your artwork. Love the way you did the color combo as well as a terrific job with the sketch deign, paper piercing, and sewing. Not to mention the cute button. Beautiful.

Vicky Hayes said...

The poppies look perfect in Poppy Parade Jen!

PatQ's Cards said...

Your poppies are colored so pretty. Very nice layout, also.

Unknown said...

this turned out so fresh and pretty, I am in LOVE with the poppies:)

Lisa Elton said...

I REALLY like this one Jen! Those bright orange poppies are just so darn pretty!!

Chris Dring said...

Gorgeous card! You cannot go wrong with poppies!