Tuesday, October 30, 2012

colourQ 161

With Halloween nearly here, I should have taken the colors from colourQ and made another card featuring some of my favorite spooky stamps.  But I didn't.  For the second week in a row, I challenged myself to make a card that was about something other than witches or goblins!



Ha!  Even the graphic says "Happy Halloween!"  It was a lot of fun to take these colors and turn them on their head to make something unexpected.  I'll admit that I very nearly made a Halloween card until I saw Chupa's Sketchbook Saturday challenge and my creative juices got going.


As you can see, I turned the sketch on its side but  I think that's ok!  I really like how Chupa used a piece of Vellum in the center of her "polaroid" so I did the same only I embossed it with the Elegant Lines embossing folder.  The big flower is from the Flower, Daisies #2 Sizzix die which I cut from Tangerine Tango and finished up the center with a So Saffron button tied with some baker's twine.

I hope you have a chance to check out the cards made by the super-fabulous colourQ design team.  Then ink up those stamps and  join us!

3 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful and fun card Jen, I love the embossed vellum--gorgeous.

scrappingnana said...

Very pretty card. Love the orange flower.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Love the unexpected pop of texture! Fantastic card, Jen :)