Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 56

This week at Freshly Made Sketches, Rita has given us a great sketch.  When I sat down to make my card I had a million ideas in my head, but finally decided that using NO STAMPS would be perfect!


I don't often lay my stamp sets aside and completely ignore them, but since I couldn't decide which one I wanted to use, I thought I'd ixnay all of them and try this.  I used a PTI die to cut this layered flower in Pink Piroutte which I lightly sponged on the edges so that the different layers would show up.  I added a button from the Twitterpated button collection to the center.  The leaves were cut in Certainly Celery from the Autumn Accents die, which I then folded in half and ran through the crimper.  I used a PTI impression plate to create the subtle background (which my blogging buddy Deanna recently reminded me looked like a trellis).  Some layered ribbon, a Round Ribbon Slide and ta-da!  My card was complete!

Incidentally, as I was editing this pic I took a look at a bunch of cards that I've got saved on my computer and I realized that I use this color combo a lot.  I really like it, but I've got to try and use some other colors once in while!  You know what I mean:  think outside the box, mix things up, venture out of my comfort zone, that sort of thing.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and be sure to head on over to Freshly Made Sketches to check out the latest challenge and the cards from our fabulous design team.  I hope you can join us this week!

16 comments:

LeAnne said...

No matter what color combo you use, I ALWAYS love your cards...no exception here, either!

Tracey McNeely said...

Love this card and I love your colour combination!

Ann Schach said...

Clean and simple perfection, Jen! Great colors! I love how you used the ribbon slide.

Rita W said...

I love no stamping cards and this is a perfect one! Nothing wrong with liking a particular color combo, especially when you rock it out like this!

Linda Suarez said...

HI Jen! Beautiful card! Those colors are lovely; I can see why you use them a lot!

CASTOWNE said...

I am such a computer idiot! Have tried to comment 3 times, but none go through. Hope it does this time.

I just wanted to say that there is no reason to step out of your comfort zone when you create gorgeous cards like this one. And the best part of "NO STAMPING" cards is that we don't have to struggle with light source, highlights and shading! LOL!!

Vicky Hayes said...

It's a great colour combination Jen and one I won't get fed up with in a hurry! I love the bit of texture and that gorgeous bloom.

Linda Callahan said...

I like how you think! beautiful!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is just stunning Jen! I didn't notice you hadn't stamped anything until I read your post - but it really doesn't need one!

Tui Nathan said...

Ooh, I think you do these colours wonderfully ... and this card without some stamping is perfection ... love the texture and love those layered florals!

Karen Aicken said...

Haha - I went to leave your comment and got distracted by the Ryan Reynolds picture on your blog. Ahahahaha - you made my day.
Your card is pretty sweet too!
Cheers, Karen

Jen Brum said...

Fun card my friend! I love that flower! I love the scoring on the background! You're so creative!!!

Cindy Hall said...

This is the epitomy of a beautiful clean and simple card. Love the colors, flower, and the ribbon and slide. So pretty!

Jen Sannes said...

This card is so crisp and clean! I love your take on the sketch - well done!

Allisa said...

Great card! Super clean!

Aileen said...

Gorgeous card. Love your colour combo and the simplicity of the ribbon slide. x