Monday, November 12, 2012

CAS(E) This Sketch 5

I've only been on vacation a couple of days and already I'm feeling relaxed!  Usually, the weekend finds me running around trying to do all the things I don't have time for during the week.  But so far I've slept in a bit and haven't felt that same sense of urgency that "I must get things done" before it's time to go back to work.  I could get used to this!

Today I've got a card to show you that I made for CAS(E) This Sketch.  After a short birthday card break, I decided to go back to a Christmas theme.  Tis the season!



In keeping with the CAS spirit, I kept this one really clean and simple!  I stamped the trees onto the Jolly Holiday DSP then layered them on dimensionals over some Cherry Cobbler Baker's Twine that I wrapped around a layer that was scored a couple of times.  Aside from the time it took to cut out the trees, this card went together very quickly!

I'm off shortly to go to the Veteran's Day Parade in my hometown.  My father, as a member of the local VFW, has participated in one way or another in the parade for at least 50 years and although he has officially retired  from his parade duties he will be there this year in a special car with some of his veteran buddies who are not able to walk the route.  It's a special day and I wouldn't miss it for the world.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

Oh my, LOVE this Jen! The way you scored the lines and wrapped twine behind the paper pieced trees looks fantastic! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

N@ Ali said...

such a great idea to stamp on pattern paper, i always forget to do that and it's such a nice touch. great card, thank you for joining us at CTS ; )

Unknown said...

Jen, this is CAS perfection! Love it.

Marisa said...

Great card and use of the sketch. Love it. A big thanks to your dad and all he does :) We met a man this past weekend who fought on D-Day at Normoandy!

Jen Timko said...

Too funny...I just had to play along with this sketch as well. Love these trees, my friend!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen what a gorgeous creation. You created a fabulous card for this challenge. LOVE!

CASTOWNE said...

Couldn't have designed a more perfect card!...love those colors.

CASTOWNE said...

P.S. Forgot to thank you for commenting on my chocolate cards...yes, I do love chocolate and probably don't go a day without it. And I have been more daring with uploading my Copic-colored cards after being too intimidated by the excellence shared by Cindy to even try...even if they aren't perfect, I feel I've learned so much from her and the guides not to show my tiny steps.

Kim Heggins said...

What a fun card, that trio of trees is so sweet and the scoring is such a beautiful touch.

Vicky Hayes said...

Gorgeous CAS Jen and the trees make a great focal point. Hope you enjoyed the special day with your father.

Lisa Arana said...

Love your darling trees. Great take on this week's sketch. So glad you joined in on the fun with CAS(E) this Sketch!

Karen M said...

This is perfectly perfect! Love the shape of these trees Jen and the beautiful colours. Truly clean and simple. Kx

Unknown said...

His is a great card Jen!