Tuesday, January 15, 2013

colourQ 172

If you love a good challenge I highly recommend that you high-tail it over to colourQ and check out the colors this week.  The combo is, in the plainest language I can think of, a doozie.


See what I mean?  These colors make a wonderful tank top.  But when I sat down to try and make a card I ran into a bit of trouble.  (Translation:  I had no idea what to do)!  The challenge at Deconstructed Sketch gave me some inspiration, but this was hard for me!



I think it was the Poppy Parade that was giving me so much trouble.  I ended up using a small square of Everyday Enchantment DSP to take care of that.  Tucked behind the main image layer, it's sort of hoping that no one notices it back there wondering what in the world it's doing.  The rest is ok.  I used up some more of my Urban Oasis DSP and tried out my new Lorelai Leaf and Lorelai Outline Leaf dies.  The flowers are, of course, from one of my favorite new-ish stamp sets, Summer Silhouettes.  

Judging by the colourQ design team, they didn't have nearly as much trouble with these colors as I did, because their project are all amazing!  Head on over to check them out, then I suggest you hunker down in your crafting space and create along with us!


8 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic design Jen, that button really sets it off!

Marisa said...

Loving that leaf and outline die!! Swoon LOL! Gorgeous use of the colour and well done with that sketch!!

CASTOWNE said...

NEVER would think to put those colors together, but you card shows they go great together. Love those leaf and leaf outline dies.

Darnell said...

If you hadn't told us, Jen, we wouldn't have known you had any trouble with the challenge colors! Your card is an appropriate "doozy" and you make it look effortless! You absolutely nailed that sketch, too!!

Rita W said...

I had to double-check to make sure I was on the right blog. I think that the most "stuff" I've seen you put on a card! lol It looks fabulous as always.

dpkennedy said...

I love the pink flowers...this is a great color combo! Very pretty card!

Unknown said...

You have such an amazing way of working with patterned paper. Another beautiful card.

Kim said...

I love your collage type card Jen!!! The melon mambo flowers on top are gorgeous!! Great job with this challenge.