Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Freshly Made Sketches 71

Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today over at Freshly Made Sketches, we've got a great sketch created by the oh-so talented Linda Callahan!  I decided to do a valentine.



I pretty much followed the sketch to a "T" but added a few little embellishments along the way.  I stitched some Crumb Cake cardstock onto a layer of Pool Party, then crimped the Cherry Cobbler tag with the Chevron embossing folder.  I finished that off with a big eyelet, some seam binding ribbon and a little baker's twine.  The big heart is from an old set called Love You Much and the sentiment is from P.S. I Love You.

I made this card thinking that I was following a particular color challenge only to find out that I was supposed to use Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White.  Rats!  But I still think it looks pretty cute!

So pop on over to Freshly Made Sketches and check out this fab sketch and the cards from the DT.  Rita and I must have been on a subconscious link because our cards are eerily similar!

Thanks for stopping by!


8 comments:

Rita W said...

Chevron tags for the win! :) I have been hoping to somehow channel your awesomeness, so maybe this was a start?! Ha! Great card. I love the stitching and the eyelet. I missed out on those babies but I'm sure Jason is glad since I only have the old school hammer to set them.

Linda Callahan said...

You two are both awesome thinking along the same lines! Sweet sweet Valentine - and I always love your stitching!

Tui Nathan said...

Ooh, this is such a fab colour combination Jen ... I love that splash of pool party and the CC is so striking ... wow!

Jen Brum said...

Jen this is beautiful! I love the colour combination! Love the stitching! Makes me wish I had my sewing machine here...and knew how to use it!!!!

Linda Suarez said...

Great Valentine card Jen! I love that chevron embossed tag!

Unknown said...

This is super cute! Love that big hardware on the tag:) Oh I blame Arielle entirely for PeachyCheap! I saw she liked it so I had to check it out! haha ;)

Aileen said...

Very classy. Love the sentiment. x

Cindy Hall said...

This is sooooo pretty. Love the colors, the stitching and that sentiment is perfect!