Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Yarr a Treasure!

Looking for my Freshly Made Sketches and Color Throwdown post?  Click HERE!

Several days ago I checked out the challenge at Sunday Stamps and said to myself  "oooh."  The blue with the yellow and orange spoke to me and at that time I had no idea what I wanted to do with those colors, I just knew that I wanted to do something.  Well fast forward a week or so and I had an epiphany involving a treasure chest, some colorful sequins and the sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch.



Jack Sparrow notwithstanding, I'm a huge pirate fan.  I know the historical figures were probably bad people who most likely smelled, but boy do they conjure up some fun images!  Take this treasure chest for instance. Who wouldn't love to have that in their closet?  This is just another fun image in the Black Beard's Loot stamp set.  

And of course by now you've realized that I turned the sketch upside down, but I think that's ok.  At least I hope it is!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Black Beard's Loot (The Alley Way Stamps)
Accessories:  Sequins (Studio Calico)



12 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

Love it!!

Jackie Rockwell said...

I love flipping sketches! What a fun take on the challenge Jen!

jjcreations said...

What a great card - I love the chain down the side and your bling. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps.

Jen W. said...

So fun! The chain in the background and the punny sentiment are brilliant and your colouring on the treasure chest is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

Unknown said...

Oh this sure made me chuckle! What a fun sentiment and fabulous card :) Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps, we sure hope to see you back again soon!

Unknown said...

So cute, Jen! this is really fun. The pirates just are fun because they were so interesting! intrigue, gold, crazy pirate parties-what could be better than that?? Hope you have a great weekend, my friend! :) *hugs*

Hofkissed said...

Great idea to use sequins. Really love your work, it always catches my eye! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps and hope you'll play along again soon.

OttawaMom said...

This is such a cute card and I love those sequins! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a super cute card Jen. Love the colors and the sequins.

NJ Stamping Queen said...

What a fun card! I love the treasure chest image and lovely sequin accents. Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps this week and sharing your talents with us!

:) Marie

Kathya said...

Great card! Love the sentiment! Really like how you incorporated the colors into a clean card! Glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps! Hope you will play along again.

hollybeary creations said...

Love this... It's too cute! Great use of the challenge colors with the Sketch. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, Congrats on being a Top Pick!