Sunday, September 1, 2013

RE-Boot for DS116 and CFC113

The challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays is to use kraft and text.  I love using kraft card stock and the text part got me to dig out a stamp set that was part of my NBUS (special thanks to Darnell for starting the Never Before Used Stuff movement)!  Once I decided to participate in this challenge I began to stalk some of my other favorite challenges to see if I could find a cool sketch.  I found one at Deconstructed Sketch.



How fun is this stamp?  I've wanted to use this set for the longest time, but could never seem to find the time to give it proper justice.  Luckily these two challenges seemed like a match made in heaven and I could finally ink it up!

I am SO enjoying the long weekend here and I hope my friends in the US are too.  The weather has been kind of sultry here in New England.  I think this is summer's last hurrah before fall's arrival.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Tech Talk (CAS-ual Fridays Stamps)
Accessories:  Gingham Garden washi, linen thread, dimensionals (SU)

6 comments:

Happy Dance said...

This card was good for a morning chuckle! What a fun stamp. Great design, great card. Really fun. Bev

sandie said...

Jen, I love this. I have this set and have had such fun using it. I have cut up the text and make different sentiments out of it, it is fab x

Kim S said...

I LOVE this set and how perfect is it for this challenge?

Unknown said...

This is awesome Jen! PERFECT sketch for the set and set for the challenge...neat how that worked out :)

Alice said...

so simple and cool! awesome card! thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge this week!

Patrice said...

Great use of the sketch - I hope you'll link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/2013/09/52-card-pickup-236.html