Tuesday, January 7, 2014

colourQ 223

Tuesday has dawned with a new color challenge at colourQ!  I think my stamping mojo is still on holiday break because I had more trouble with this challenge than I ought.  I really liked the sketch at Just Us Girls and figured that some vellum (as suggested by the sketch graphic) would make a mighty fine addition to my card.  When I was done, I discovered a whole world of trouble.  



I have long admired stamping images on some card stock, then cutting that card stock up into rectangles to be spaced apart on a card front.  The look is somewhat modern and zen and with the right images creates a pretty artistic scene.  I think in this case I'm unhappy because the images are a little too small.  And the fact that the left piece of vellum is mounted upside down.  Oops.  That would be why the images don't line up.

Well, this card is destined for the scrap heap (no pun intended) but don't let my little boo-boo discourage you.  I can assure you that the colourQ design team has got some great projects to inspire you so head on over there to check them out.  I hope you can join us in the gallery this week!

Oh, and the other day I think I mentioned that I was blogging during a big snowstorm.  By the time the storm was done I was left with about 13 inches of snow and with frigid temperatures after, a whole lot of ice.  Well fast forward a couple of days and I awoke to temperatures in the high 50s and rain enough to obliterate the snow.  Weather is a fickle thing, I say to myself.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Atfully Asian (SU); Circular Sayings (Verve)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White; Basic Gray, Vellum (SU)
Ink:  Bravo Burgundy, Poppy Parade, Summer Starfruit (SU); Jet Black (Stazon)
Accessories:  Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things)

10 comments:

Sharyn Polesel said...

Well, I think you are too hard on yourself. I love your card, and the little pops of color are very welcoming after all of the cold, snowy weather we have been experiencing. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Marisa said...

Beautiful use of that floral image. A wonderful Asian themed card and love how the flower pop against the light neutrals. Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

Lynn said...

Don't throw your card away, send it to me!! I love the color and design and paid no attention to the upside down panel. It's beautiful.

Our temps are still negative, but I have to stay inside and do more stamping!!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I never even noticed the upside down panel until I read your post. Your card is beautiful! Just the right splash of color. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Nancy said...

In agreement with my teammates....didn't notice the upside down panel till I read your post. Which I enjoyed, I might as well add!! Your card is lovely and should not be cast aside...as you think! :) Thanks for joining us over at Just Us Girls...and hope to see more work from you Jen!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen this is so beautiful, I love those flowers.

Linda Callahan said...

I didn't notice the upside down-ness either! Love,the vellum overlay.....have to try that!

Unknown said...

Please don't throw that card away. I looked at this weeks colors on Colour Q and thought I couldn't use that combination. After seeing your card though, I've changed my mind. I love the card. Feel free to send the card to me instead of throwing it out.

Anita in France said...

This is lovely, Jen ... the softness of the vellum is perfect with the delicate branches and flowers ... I guess you know from all the other comments not to throw it away! Anita :)

Angela said...

This could not be more gorgeous, Jen!