Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 130

Hello everyone!  We are halfway through the work-week and thank goodness for that!  Work has been crazy and I'm especially grateful when I can come home and escape to my stamp room.  Nothing like playing around with paper and ink to soothe the soul.  Today, of course, is the sketch reveal at Freshly Made Sketches and this week our sketch is designed by the incomparable Linda Callahan.



t occurred to me that it had been a while since I made a Christmas card.  And since one of  my resolutions for the new year was to make Christmas cards regularly throughout the year I figured I better hop to.  The inspiration at Festive Friday was right up my alley for this resolution.  There's lots of white, a bit of brown and green, and some beautiful natural twine.  These colors inspired my card where I used a die cut pine bough and some burlap and jute twine.


As always, the Freshly Made Sketches design team has created some awesome cards this week so make sure you head on over there to check them out.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Christmas Quotes (KaiserCraft); Distressed Grid (Creative Embellishments)
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Early Espresso (SU)
Paper:  Kraft (Avery Elle); Chocolate Chip, Garden Green, Whisper White (SU)
Accessories:  Pine Branch die (Impression Obsession); Kraft vintage button (PTI); Chocolate Iridescent sequins (Ellen Hutson); jute twine, burlap

19 comments:

Jen Timko said...

This is so pretty Jen! Right into my Christmas CASE pins!! Love the peek of burlap!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card Jen,I like the texture!

Linda Callahan said...

That die cut bough is a beauty! A few of my relatives just might be getting one of these! Sweet sweet card!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful Christmas card,Jen!! I love the grid and the beautiful branch!! Fabulous!!

Ardyth said...

I love the rustic yet modern feel of this - the colours are very traditional and natural, but that grid component (echoed in the burlap) and the font of the sentiment make this really fun! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday!

Julia Aston said...

great textures on this with the burlap and button and that great graph embossed panel!

Karren said...

Fab Christmas card, Jen! The piece of burlap peeking out looks brilliant and I love your grid background.

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen I love your card, great take on the sketch!

Julie said...

Lovely card and a great idea to use a sketch. Thats something I should try more often.

Amy O said...

Oooh, I love the grid background on this. And the little bit of burlap is perfect. Fabulous card, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful card Jen! It's so perfectly rustic! Love that bit of burlap peeking out and the grid background! The sequins are the perfect accent!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love, love, love this card! The colours you've used are so calming and perfect for Christmas Jen!

Cindy Hall said...

This is one of the prettiest Christmas cards I've ever seen. I love the rustic feel of an old-fashioned Christmas. EVERYTHING is perfect... love the burlap, button and especially the die cut pine twig. Gorgeous, Jen, just gorgeous.

Angela said...

Jen, I've been looking for the perfect masculine Christmas design and your card is so perfect. I would love the follow your inspiring Creation!

Stamping Shanni said...

Love the touch of burlap and the card is still perfectly clean and inspiring! Great ideas and a terrific post Jen ~ thanks

Kay Miller said...

What a lovely card! That pine bough is just beautiful and I love the touch of burlap peeking out! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

Geri said...

This is just LOVELY, Jen! I love the background…so trendy…and the die cuts look great layered on it! Awesome creation!!! Thanks so much for joining us with it at Festive Friday!!!

Nancy Thomas said...

A beautiful Christmas card - love the texture with the pine and burlap.

Greta said...

Your card really stands out--loved it the first time I checked the FMS blog this week!