Sunday, June 1, 2014

Happy For You

I was surprised to see that after 259 sketches the Unscripted Sketches challenge was calling it quits.  Although now that I think of it 259 sketches is quite an accomplishment and I'd probably be pretty tired after all that too!  Well, I wanted to play along with their last challenge so I made a card and combined it with the colors at Color Throwdown.



I think it's tough to see in the photo but one of my "layers" is a line of some translucent embossing paste done in a concentric circle pattern.  I wish it showed up better but I've hung my photography hat up and have decided to quit obsessing about getting the perfect picture.  I'm a banker, not a photographer, so I have conceded defeat to the lens.

Oh and incidentally, if you are wondering why my Sahara Sand (as suggested in the Color Throwdown challenge) looks suspiciously like kraft, that's because it is.  I started making the card after looking at the challenge graphic once and was sure it said Crumb Cake and not Sahara Sand.  By the time I realized my mistake it was too late to turn back so I kept going.  (Apologies to the Color Throwdown ladies).

Thanks for stopping by and "so long" to Unscripted Sketches!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Doodlie-Do (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Kraft (Avery Elle); Coastal Cabana, Watercolor Paper (SU)
Ink:  Jet Black (Stazon); Crumb Cake, Strawberry Slush, Coastal Cabana (SU)
Accessories:  Jute Button Twine (Papertrey Ink); Modern Radio Waves stencil (Memory Box); Translucent embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

6 comments:

Deepti said...

This is just so pretty, great use of color and sketch !

Lisa Elton said...

Love it, Love it, Love it!!!

Joan Ervin said...

This is so pretty and delicate, Jen....love the flower and the background looks awesome with the embossing paste!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!!

Shelly said...

Beautiful! Love those colors!

Broni said...

I can see your concentric circle line just fine....it was the first thing I noticed! I love it...it adds great interest and shimmer! Beautiful card (as usual), Jen!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card -- all your work is so inspiring! Thanks for sharing! and, thanks for joining us at Unscripted Sketches for our last week!!