Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Freshly Made Sketches 148

Hey there!  This week I get to be the challenge hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and I designed an easy sketch that is full of simple squares and rectangles.  There's lots of room for interpretation in this one!  For my card I added in the colors at Just Add Ink because they are some of my favorites.  Take a look.




I love this label stamp set so much that I bought one of the Dymo labelers that puts out these plastic labels.  The reviews on Amazon were wishy-washy with several people complaining that after a few tries the labeler stopped working.   But I really loved the idea of creating my own labels in whatever sentiment I wanted so I dropped the $12 and bought it.  Well, guess what.  I made a few experimental labels that were perfect.  Then I went to make some labels for this card and the stupid thing won't work!  I think I'll  take it apart and see if anything looks amiss (cuz really, something IS amiss) but I'm really disappointed that the dumb thing won't work.

Now in case you haven't heard (and if you haven't it's because you haven't "liked" Freshly Made Sketches on Facebook or you haven't subscribed to the blog via email or reader - and why haven't you now that I think on it?) but this month we are thrilled to have Kim Singdahlsen join us as a Guest Designer!  She's a regular player and we are tickled pink that she'll be creating right along side us.  

Of course, the rest of the Freshly Made Sketches design team have got some great cards to show you so make sure you head on over there to check them out.  I'd love it if you took my sketch, created something fabbo as you always do, and joined us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Dot Spot (Papertrey Ink); Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Stampers Select White, True Black, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink); Smoky Slate (SU)
Ink:  Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Dot Fade stencil (Tim Holtz); Translucent Embossing Paste (Dreamweaver)

15 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Jen! I love the combination of the clean, graphic style, with the softness of the delicate stamped images. Beautiful use of our challenge colours. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week!

Nikki Spencer said...

Love the clean lines and soft stamping, great challenge combinations Jen.
Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

Amy O said...

You are such a wiz with yellow and black! I love your label sentiment. Sorry to hear the label maker is giving you fits though. Hopefully you can fix it. Love the sketch and your fabulous card, Jen!

Craft-E-Place said...

This is an awesome card, fresh and beautiful!
Elaine

Deepti said...

This is gorgeous :) the yellow stamping looks beautiful :) Looks like yellow is the color of the day, I too create two cards with yellow in them :)

Jodene said...

Love the crisp look to this card with all of the clean lines and gorgeous stamped centre panel! Thanks for joining us this week at Just add Ink :)

Linda Callahan said...

Oh these colors are wonderful together and you know how to show them off! The sentiment is nifty!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card is lovely Jen, full of sunshine and oozing summer!

Karren said...

Another beautiful card, Jen! Those colors look so good together. I dug out my old Dymo label maker the other day and so far it's still working - just got to use it on a card now!

Cindy Lovell said...

Beautiful Jen,just beautiful!
I love the soft yellow with the black and the sentiment!! Amazing!!

Happy Dance said...

These were the exact colors of my niece's wedding this summer! Your card is so pretty. Gives me nice memories of that weekend... Love those colors together, and your take on this sketch is wonderful. Bev

Jen Brum said...

I think you are awesome! Such a super fun card! Love those colours! My Dymo labeled works great! I've had it for years! I think you just need the Canadian version!!!!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh how cool! Didn't think about a labeller to create sentiments - love it! You're such a master at combining colours Jen!

Claire Grantham said...

Love the challenge combo. The yellows soften the black, love the sentiment. Cx

Cindy Hall said...

I really love the sketch this week, Jen! Your card is amazing! Love the super fresh look of your color scheme, and the sentiment looks like it came out of my dad's original label maker way back when!