Tuesday, October 7, 2014

colourQ 262

October is breast cancer awareness month, so it only seemed appropriate that there be color challenges to mark the event.  At colourQ we have such a challenge and the palette is inspired by this T-Shirt.



Some years ago I got this freebie stamp set from a.muse studio and it's perfect for when I need a card to send someone a positive vibe.  Like many of you, unfortunately I know one too many people who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, my own sister included.  A card is a small thing in the face of all these brave ladies go through, but I also know the power of a hand written card and the joy someone can feel just by knowing that someone is "thinking of you."

The fun layout of my card comes from retro sketches, where they are hosting a "you pick the sketch" challenge.  We get to choose from any of their past sketches and I chose #133 because I loved it when I saw it and never got a chance to play along with them at the time.


The always amazing colourQ design team have got some beauties for you to see this week so be sure to pop on over there to check them out.  I hope you have time to join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Fight Like a Girl (a.muse studio)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Basic Black, Welcome Neighbor DSP (SU); White (Spectrum Noir)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink (SU); True Black (PTI)
Accessories:  Silver Basics button (SU); Midtown button (October Afternoon); black button (a.muse studio); Necessities enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

7 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Awesome Jen, love your quote. Great take on the sketch! Thank you so much for sharing with us at retroSketches this week!

Shelly said...

Such a sweet card! Love it!

Patti said...

Love it Jen! that IS a great sketch!!

Sorry to hear this dreadful disease has touched your family. It has mine too : ( I have a sister just now getting ready to start chemo. These uplifting cards make a world of difference!

Patti

Lisa Elton said...

Perfection Jen...nuff said!

Kim S said...

Perfectly simple and absolutely lovely!

Carol said...

Hi Jen, thanks for your visit to my blog recently. I've enjoyed visiting yours and I love your clean style.
Carol
Cards by Carol

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I loved this sketch too! Your card would be a great pick me up for someone battling cancer - just lovely.