Tuesday, September 29, 2015

colourQ 310

Hello!  Today we've got some colors to show you at colourQ inspired by these cool measuring spoons.  A little color in the kitchen is a good thing!



The layout for my card is from the latest sketch at Match the Sketch - with a few liberties on the stars.  I thought the big bow was a good substitution for them!  But I've got to say that a funny thing happened when I was making this card.  At first I was going to go all old-school and dig out my scallop circle dies.  Remember those?  Then I remembered that I recently got this wreath die and decided to use that.  I got the die primarily for Christmas cards so my card morphed into a non-traditional-color Christmas card.  I do love to make those and I really love how this came out.



Ok, so how will you interpret these colors?  Join us at colourQ and show us how!  We love to see you in the gallery!  And to get your creative juices flowing our amazing colourQ design team has some beautiful cards to show you.  Hop on over there and check them out!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Signature Christmas (Papertrey Ink) 
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); White Linen (Ellen Hutson); Daffodil Delight, Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Whirl Wreath die (Penny Black); Blueprints 13 die (My Favorite Things); Frightful enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love this swirly wreath! Great way to interpret the sketch in your wonderful CAS style!

Jean said...

Great use of the colors and the sketch! I really like the Penny Black wreath die cut, especially its bow!

Deepti said...

CAS perfection :)

Tracey McNeely said...

I just love your wreath Jen, super CAS card!

Leonie said...

What a cute idea, love the swirls

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun wreath!! Terrific CAS card Jen!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Great job on combining those challenges Jen! I love the colour combo you chose and that fabulous CAS design! Hope you have a great week! Hazel xx

Marybeth said...

Love the way you used the colors in a very subtle way! Beautiful card, Jen!

Joyce said...

Love how you turned this into a non traditional Christmas card. Your wreath is lovely, and I really love your bow--so delicate and feminine.