Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches 216!

It's time for another new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our sketch is designed by Rita.  She always throws the most interesting details on her sketches.  This time it's a little scalloped layer.

Of course you don't necessarily need to use a scalloped design but I did because it's been a long time since I've used this particular die and I was feeling nostalgic!  I cut some glimmer paper with it to give my card some sparkle and shine.

The colors for my card come from the latest color challenge at Sunday Stamps. I took a little break from all the Christmas cards I've been making lately to use the colors to make a winter themed card.  And I added a thank you sentiment because I always seem to need a lot of thank you cards at the end of the year.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a chance to check out the challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  We'd love to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Fab Flakes (Papertrey Ink); Hand Lettered Thanks (WPlus9)
Paper:  Soft Sky, Basic Gray, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer (SU); Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Soft Sky, Bermuda Bay, Basic Gray
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Scallop Border die (The Stamps of Life); sequins

17 comments:

AJ Bodine said...

Very pretty, I love the fresh clean winter colors on your card :)

Linda Callahan said...

Simple and oh so classy! Love the colors together and that extra bit of sparkle! You work well under pressure girl! 😉

Happy Dance said...

One of these days, Jen, I'm going to run out of really nice things to say about your beautiful cards. Not enough descriptive adjectives to tell you how much I like your work. This one in particular is stunning. These colors are incredible together, and along with the sketch, it's stunning. LOVE this one. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Incredible Jen, love the sparkle and pretty snowflakes!

Amy O said...

I love the sparkly scallops and the color combo on this pretty card, Jen. And of course, you always do beautiful things with snowflakes.

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness...this is gorgeous Jen!!!! Seriously!!!

Karren said...

Great use of the colors and sketch! The snowflakes are gorgeous and your card just screams "peaceful" to me. Well, not really "screams", because that wouldn't be very peaceful, but I'm sure you know what I mean :)

Jen Timko said...

So, so pretty Jen! The elegant color and the bit of sparkle are really wonderful!

Jen Brum said...

Love this card Jen! Those colours are just too pretty! Those snowflakes are so elegant! The sequins add so much! Just beautiful!

Teresa Kline said...

hi Jen! sweet card....I so luv the snowflakes and your choice of color placement...perfect! so glad you played along with us at sunday stamps challenge!

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

stampwithamyk said...

I love it! The color scheme works perfectly with your snowflake images and the sentiment font is awesome! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is so pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card - you always use the perfect colours and images!

Deepti said...

Pretty pretty! I am so inspired by your card, I will have to play along with these colors :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, I just love the way you used the color combo! The snowflakes are gorgeous! Loving the sequins, too! SO happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Annette Elliott said...

Jen, I love your snowflake card! Especially with the scallop edge in sivler glitter paper! Nice touch Rita added. :) Nice and clean and crisp. Thanks for joining us this week at Sunday Stamps!

Monika Reeck said...

oh dear you used the sketch so perfectly
love your snowflake on that color
cool and adorable
great use our color combo
Many thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps this time
hugs, Monika (DT member)