Friday, May 27, 2016

Tag You're It 48!

All I can say today is TGIF!  It's a long weekend coming up for us in the US and it will be so nice to have three days off in a row!  It's the unofficial start of summer and more importantly, Monday is Memorial Day where we take time to remember and honor those who died while serving in the armed forces.  Our latest inspiration at Tag You're It, designed by Bobby, honors this day.


This is my one and only flag stamp.  It's got a bit of a faded look to it and I love it.  I stamped some firework images in kraft ink behind it to break up all the white space and added a simple, heartfelt sentiment.  There's an Anything Goes challenge going on at Simon Says Stamps so I'll be adding this over there as well!

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to pop on over to Tag You're It and check out the tags from my fellow teamies.  You'r going to love them!  I hope you can join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Old Glory (Deep Red); USA 1776 (Waltzingmouse)
Paper:  Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White (SU)
Ink:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Night of Navy, Real Red, Soft Suede (SU)
Accessories:  Tag Sale Quilted die (Papertrey Ink); seam binding ribbon; baker's twine

11 comments:

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

A fabulous tag, for a fabulous tribute! Have a great day! Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Nancy Penir said...

Jen, Old Glory shines bright on your tag! Love the image you used! Have a wonderful, (and restful!) weekend!

Tracey McNeely said...

Your flag is fantastic Jen! Love the square tag!

Karren said...

That flag image is fabulous! This is a gorgeous tag!

Teresa Kline said...

sweet tag jen! the flag is gorgeous! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Susan said...

Great inspiration! Have a fantastic weekend!

Marybeth said...

Jen, the minute I saw your tag I loved every single thing about it! It's an awesome one flag stamp to have! I also love seeing WMS!

Narelle Farrugia said...

LOVE it! I love the feel to your vintage flag.

Tracey McNeely said...

That stamp with the fireworks in the background make such a fabulous tag Jen!

Tracey McNeely said...

Ha you ended up with two comments from me Jen! I went through your comments because I thought I had commented, went right past my photo and commented again. Subliminally I must really, really love your tag!!

Petra Swart said...

What a great idea to stamp the fireworks behind the flag, Jen!!! Hope your long weekend was great!!!