Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Freshly Made Sketches #271

Well this week is whizzing by!  It's already Wednesday which means it's time for a new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week Cindy Hall is our intrepid hostess and her sketch is an absolute classic.  There are so many ways to interpret this sketch!


The other day I got one of those Pinterest notifications that someone liked a card I had made.  It was one that I made a long time ago using this stamp set embossed in gold on vellum.  I had forgotten all about it and when I saw it again I thought to myself "that's a really cool card!"  Then along comes the Everything Turns to Gold challenge at CAS-ual Fridays and I knew that this was a sign that I should emboss those flowers all over again.  The flowers don't look very vellum-y here but they are (and the leaves too).


I haven't made a birthday card in forever so I found a nice birthday sentiment that tucked into the space between the leaves perfectly.  This card is very elegant in real life (if I do say so myself)!

Thanks for stopping by and head on over to Freshly Made Sketches to check out the inspiration from our amazing design team.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Henneh Elements (Altenew); Friendly Flowers (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  White (Spectrum Noir); Kraft Core Metallic (Tim Holtz); Vellum (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  gold embossing powder

15 comments:

Kim S said...

I love that you mentioned finding a sentiment that tucked in - I also picked the sentiment on my card because it fit!! I've always loved that flower - it looks lovely in simple gold.

Happy Dance said...

So pretty and delicate. That bloom in gold, as well as the leaves and sentiment, look so rich, yet you've kept this so CAS. I love this one!! Hope your week is going well. Bev

Lisa Lara said...

Lovin' the elegant gold Jen.

Linda Callahan said...

Yep definitely elegant......and oh so classy in gold! Beautifully done!

Tracey McNeely said...

Jen this Altenew stamp is always a beauty and so elegant in gold!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beauty Jen, so elegant!!

Petra Swart said...

So stylish and elegant, Jen!!!!
Have a great day!!!!

baileyrosy.com said...

I love both gold and vellum so this card really stood out to me in the gallery. I love gold but find it so hard to photograph and find that my photos never do it justice. Anyways this is such an elegant card I love it and all of that lovely white space makes it pop.

Marie

Stampingcountry said...

Your gold is gorgeous against the white!

Karren said...

So elegant and classy! I can well imagine how fabulous the vellum looks in real life.

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen! This card is so gorgeous! I love that gold! It's so elegant! Love it!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Jen, the gold is so elegant.

Amy O said...

Elegant is right! This card is so fresh and pretty!

Cindy Hall said...

LOL! Intrepid. I had to look that one up; I'd forgotten what it meant! You are so right about this card... it is so lovely and elegant. I love the gold embossed and fussy cut vellum flower and leaves, and that sentiment is a perfect fit. Really beautiful, Jen.

Cécile RIBON said...

this is such a beautiful card, jen! I totally love this classy golden flower ...