Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 336

Happy Wednesday!  It's time for a new sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and it just so happens that I am the sketch hostess this week.  I chose some tilted layers just because I like to shake things up once in a while!



Last weekend I went to a birthday bash for a friend.  A few days before the party I went searching through my extensive stash of cards for one with a birthday sentiment and I found exactly three cards that fit the bill.  Say what!!!??!!!  I have been seriously neglecting the birthday genre so that changes here and now.

The colors for my card come from Global Design Project and at Cupcake Inspirations they are looking for florals so I took the opportunity to add a pretty flower to my card.  I embossed the background of the large white layer to give it some interest.


Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has got some fantastic cards to inspire you so be sure to check them out.  We hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Bloom & Grow (Verve); Scripty Sayings (Gina K)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); White (Catherine Pooler); Lemon Lime Twist (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Pool Party, Melon Mambo (Stampin' Up!); Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Elegant Leaves die (Verve); Cracked embossing folder (Tim Holtz); enamel dots (Studtio Calico)

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE this Jen! The colors are happy and I like your tilted design. Great sketch!

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Jen! I love that colour combination and the embossed background! The flower is so pretty! That Lemon Lime Twist is my new favourite colour!!!

Jen Timko said...

Oh goodie...we are going to get birthday inspirations for a while!! ;-) Love this card. Love those pretty colors! Thanks so much for a fun sketch this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Fun sketch....fun colors! Very pretty card! I like things slightly askew!

lichazul said...

beautiful card Jen , congrats
happy day

Nora Noll said...

This is lovely!! The fun way you embossed the background and the lovely colors are just fabulous!!

Karren said...

So, so pretty! The leaves look amazing in that color and the sentiment is fantastic.

Quillish said...

What a lovely floral card, beautiful colours :) Thank you very much for joining us at Cupcake Inspiration. Hugs, Ishani.

Amy O said...

I love the tilted panels and I love your fun color combination! Such a pretty card! And a fun sketch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is soooo pretty! I am loving the colours and the texture you've given your card - I also love that sentiment that fits your panel perfectly!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is simply fabulous!